Sunday, April 24, 2011

April Birchbox!

Okay... it's that time again!  While I prefer the Birchboxes with more cosmetics than skin care in them, I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed this months box!  

First, Birchbox was going green this month which I completely appreciate.  I am a big proponent of saving the earth... minus the fact that I take too long of a piping hot shower and sometimes forget to turn the lights off... but that is neither here nor there.  But everyone makes mistakes... just as Birchbox did this month... keep reading for a the ridiculous element of the box this month. 

Second, all of this months products are all natural, organic, or biodegradable.  Great for the earth and great for your body!

Here is what came in the box this month.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength (Full size: $45):  I really like this product!!  As I've told you, I have really dry skin and I've tried many a product to try to remedy my situation.  I just rinsed it off (literally 5 minutes ago) and my face feels insanely smooth and my forehead is flake free!  I'll keep you posed on how this actually pans out tomorrow.  Enjoyable.  Recommend.

Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Facial Lotion (Full size: $28): A nice cream.  Here is my opinion:  What I like about this is that it is really light, does not make my face feel oily, and is extremely hydrating.  The one downfall is that while it claims to have a very feminine and not overpowering smell... it in fact smells... just a bit.

LIV GRN C2C Fragrance Collection Earth Eau De Parfum
(Full size: $60): This smells DELICIOUS!  Perfume is a very personal thing... but for me... I love this scent.... fresh... and sweet!  The neat thing about this perfume is that it is made out of completely biodegradable ingredients and also is packaged in eco-friendly materials.  You are saving the planet and smelling oh-so-fine all at once!  This is a good thing. 

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Eye Treatment (Full size: $45): I'll be honest.  I haven't used this product yet.  But here is some information that I can share with you...

"Harnessing the rejuvenating power of plant stem cells, this eye cream combines the best of technology with the best of nature. Immediately you’ll feel the hydrating and cooling effects of this light formula; after a couple weeks, you’ll even see a noticeable softening in the fine lines around your eye area. Plus, all the ingredients are organic, so you don’t have to worry about what you’re applying to the most delicate skin on your face.
The two key components are a blend of fruit stem cells and a high concentration of fat-soluble Vitamin C, both of which help repair damaged skin cells, promote cell turnover, firm skin, and eliminate dark circles and fine lines. In addition to these star ingredients, the cream has antioxidant-rich fruit juices that improve the elasticity of your skin and plant oils that add hydration. "

Zoya Intimate Spring 2011 Nail Polish Collection (Full size: $8): I was given "Dove" (a light gray color).  I'll keep you posted on this as well.  The claim to fame here is that it is formulated without any harmful or toxic chemicals (so safe even pregnant ladies can wear them!!) but it's staying power is the serious factor.  No cracks or chips for a significantly longer amount of time when compared to your regular nail polish.  We'll see about that.

We also had the bonus of a little wild flower seed paper.  Just plant, watch grow, and enjoy!  

Here is a picture of this months box below. :)


Now... this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.  No offense Birchbox.  So the whole idea this month is to go green but they send along this THICK PLASTIC marketing piece.  This actually has no practical use what-so-ever.  Not really sure why the contradiction.  
Let me explain the picture... This is a plastic square with little fingernails hanging off of it that Zoya has graciously used to paint some of their colors that way you can hold the piece up to your nail to see what it will really look like.  Not necessary... not necessary at all.  This should not surprise anyone... I threw it in the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment